Skip to main content

Impromptu Dinner Date at THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY in the Mall of Qatar

The complete title of this post should have been: 
Impromptu - insert - (Post-Valentine's Day) - Dinner Date at The Cheesecake Factory.  


Yes, this is another untimely, outdated post.  It was an impromptu date since I was too surprised to have discovered that there is a branch of the restaurant here in Doha. I also wanted my forever food buddy to experience dining here (for the first time) and also for me to compare and confirm the taste of their cheesecakes against the ones I tasted in Los Angeles, California. 

But please, let's just forget that these photos were taken last days after Valentine's Day of this year and let's move on now to my review. 


Though we have separate orders, except for the salad, every order was being shared.  That's what every food blogger must do, taste everything on the table (there might be exceptions though and this can be done best with family only and maybe closest friends).  As I said, this dinner date was last February 2017, the categories and names of the dishes in the menu and also the prices may have changed on your current dining experience.

Since beverages are the easiest to prepare and intended to entertain the hungry diners while waiting for their foods, they are at all times served first.

His:  The Cheesecake Factory Housemade  Lemonade
Price: 20 QAR

Beverage Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Rather typical of a lemonade but there is this very slightly indescribable taste that makes it unique to their restaurant
Beverage Taste Rating:
4 of 5
Beverage Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
4 of 5



Hers: Arnold Palmer
 (mixed of lemonade and black tea)
Price: 20 QAR

Beverage Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Though it is half and half of tea and lemonade, since it was my first time to have a sip of it, I was impressed.  Maybe because I loved the taste of their iced tea 
Beverage Taste Rating:
5 of 5
Beverage Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
4 of 5

SALADS

Both: Greek Salad
Price: 30 QAR


Food Details:
fresh chunks of vegetables, cheese, and herbs
Food Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Indeed fresh and I love their choice of cheese
Food Taste Rating:
5 of 5
Food Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
3 of 5

SPECIALTIES
- Fish and  Seafood -

His: Fish & Chips
Menu description: Hand battered and fried crisp, served with coleslaw, french fries and tartar sauce (actual was with ketchup and a cabbage leaf)
Price: 88 QAR

Food Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Crispy fish with a delectable taste.  I am not into coleslaw so I just chewed on some strips and took a bite of the fresh cabbage leaf.
Food Taste Rating:
4 of 5
Food Taste vs. Price Rating:
2.5 of 5
Food Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
2 of 5

SPECIALTIES
- Fish and Seafood -

Hers: Fresh Grilled Salmon
Menu Description:  served with mashed potatoes, and broccoli (actual was served with a slice of lemon and a small bowl of unnamed cream-herb sauce)
Price: 108 QAR

Food Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Salmon - I love it grilled, fried, raw... I just love salmon
Mashed Potatoes - surprisingly delicious 
Broccoli - a big disappointment since it was burnt and obviously the nutrients were gone 
(i almost have it replaced but my forever food buddy just told me to skip the greens)
Overall Food Taste Rating: (including the broccoli)
2.8 of 5
Food Taste vs. Price Rating:

2 of 5
Food Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
1 of 5

 CHEESECAKES

His: Original
Menu Description: The One That Started it All!  Our famous creamy cheesecake with a Graham cracker crust and sour cream topping
Price: 30 QAR

Food Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Authentic! Ha! Exactly similar to the ones I've tasted at S&R in the Philippines and at The Cheesecake Factory in Los Angeles, California, see HERE for my blog post.
Food Taste Rating:
5 of 5
Food Taste vs. Price Rating:
4 of 5
Food Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
3.5 of 5

CHEESECAKES

Hers: Chocolate Mousse Cheesecake 
Menu Description: Silky chocolate cheesecake topped with a layer of Belgian chocolate mousse
Price: 36 QAR

Food Taste Comment and other Comments: 
Chocolate flavored yet still maintained that Cheesecake taste 
Food Taste Rating:
4 of 5
Food Taste vs. Price Rating:
3.5 of 5
Food Serving Size vs. Price Rating:
3.5 of 5




My Ratings:
Restaurant Concept = 8 of 10 
(orignally American - mostly for the cheesecakes- yet adopted the Middle East cuisine and with some Asian twists too)
Menu Options = 10 of 10 
(extensive! and dishes are well-described)
Food Serving Size = 8 of 10
Cheesecake Taste = 10 of 10 
(undoubtedly the best, my sister influenced me to taste this and its her all-time favorite too)
Overall Food Taste (except Cheesecakes) = 7 of 10
Restaurant Lay-Out and Interior Designing = 8 of 10
Size of Restaurant = 9 of 10
Restaurant Lighting = 5 of 10 
(I dislike dim yellow lights, though I know this is the kind of lighting for most restaurants, but if you've been reading my reviews, I hate dinner time lights of most restaurants) 
Note to myself: 
I guess i should dine lunch time here so that I can appraise my rating for lighting aspect
Ambiance = 6 of 10 
(because being famous would also mean the steady flock of diners and unstoppable murmuring sounds to the extent it becomes annoying)
Services of Staff = 9 of 10 
(I saw a number of OFW, so happy and proud to see them)
Money Value = 8 of 10
 (because their Cheesecake is heaven on Earth)

OVERALL RATING = 80% Recommended


This branch of THE CHEESECAKE FACTORY is located at the Ground Floor, Mall of Qatar, Dukhan Highway, Al Gharafa, Doha 



Eat good food, every day!


The Cheesecake Factory Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

Comments

View my food journey on Zomato!

Follow Me on ZOMATO!

View my food journey on Zomato!

Popular posts from this blog

Something Korean + Japanese in Doha, Qatar - LITTLE YEE HWA RESTAURANT

Food Quest: The Search for the Hottest Instant Noodles (made in Asia) from the Supermarkets in Cebu City

My First Tea Party Ever: TEA LEAVES & THYME in Woodstock, Georgia, U.S.A.